This is our front coil-over conversion kit for your GM A-Body car frames. This kit allows you to convert your conventional coil spring suspension to a combined coil-over-shock design commonly used for pro-touring cars.
- The new design allows for better centering of the standard 2 1/2" dia. Coil-over shock, currently we are using AFCO #3840 4" travel shocks as shown.
- Comes with a 1.06" long spacer tube for proper fitment so you don't have to weld with your new shocks in harm's way of spatter.
- 1/4" Precision CNC Laser cut shapes for superb accuracy and repeatability.
- The cross-tubes are 1/2" I.D. x 1/4" wall 1" O.D. DOM tube, robotic welded 360 degrees with full penetration.
- MHT laser cut hole saw guides, designed to be tack welded in place giving you a center hole and a pattern for a standard 4" dia. hole saw (by you).
- No torching required some grinding may be required for proper fitment depending on the frame over-lap.
- Grade 8 fine thread hardware with nylock nuts.
- It can be MIG or TIG welded to your frame.
- Designed for shocks with the T-Bar style mount with a 1.06" width Ref. AFCO 1007X Shock End 1/2 I.D. x 1.06 Inch Wide (Speedway Motors Part #106-1007X)
- This kit with coil-over shocks allows for adjustable ride height while maintaining full suspension travel.
- It can be installed with the engine installed or not. Inner fenders will have to be removed during fitment and welding, then returned in their stock form.
The kit is made here in southwest Michigan by skilled craftsman and we love what we do.
As you can see by the pictures, we take pride in our components and build them right at an affordable price!!
CONTROL ARMS AND COIL-OVERS NOT INCLUDED
1964 - 1972 Buick Skylark & Grand Sport GS
1964 - 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo
1964 - 1972 Chevy Malibu & Chevelle
1964 - 1972 Chevy El Camino
1964 - 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass & 442
1964 - 1972 Pontiac LeMans, Tempest, & GTO